As a citizen science practitioner, I love talking about how research works, why it matters, and making science more accessible to everyone.
My current areas of interest:
- Cats as sentinels for lead exposure in low-income communities
- The practices of feral cat care and advocacy organizations in the US
- Photographic identification in cats based on smartphone photos
- A comparative human-animal bond study of two groups of animal lovers
- Understanding the outdoor cat management preferences of cat and bird advocates
- Developing citizen science solutions to traditional mark-recapture cat population research